Elections in Pico Rivera are held in odd-numbered years and in accordance with established City ordinances and other legal provisions. Elections are held in staggered terms, meaning that every two years in the odd-numbered years, there are either two or three seats up for reelection.
- Council Members elected November 2015 will be up for reelection in November 2019 (Three open seats for four year-terms)
- Council Members elected November 2013 will be up for reelection in November 2017 (Two open seats for four year-terms)
The City of Pico Rivera will conduct its next election on November 3, 2015 to elect three members to the Pico Rivera City Council.
HOW TO REGISTER
- BY MAIL - You may register to vote by completing a registration by mail form, which can be found at your local post office or stopping by City Hall.
- IN PERSON - You may also register to vote at your local DMV office or you can visit the Los Angeles County Registrar-County Clerk's Office in Norwalk, located at 12400 Imperial Highway, Norwalk, California 90651
- ONLINE - Visit http://registertovote.ca.gov/ to register online or print a registration form.
VOTER REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be a California Resident
- Must not be in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older on Election Day
- Not found by a court to be mentally incompetent
You must re-register to vote if you have changed your residence or mailing address; have changed your name; or you wish to change your political party affiliation.
If you would like more information about voting, please visit the County Clerk's website at https://www.lavote.net/
VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINES
In California, the deadline to register to vote for any election is 15 days before Election Day.
LOCATING YOUR POLLING PLACE
To find your polling place please visit https://www.lavote.net/Locator/