| || |
For more information about planning and environmental regulations, property data and tax, local and regional development and more, we have provided the following links to external websites.
NOTE: The City of Pico Rivera does not maintain/operate the following websites and is not responsible for their content. All links will open in a separate window.
Planning and Environment
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) – This site provides information regarding “guidelines, statutes, case law, FAQs, an online archive of environmental assessment reports and other resources related to the state impact assessment law”.
- American Planning Association (APA) - "The American Planning Association is an independent, not-for-profit educational organization that provides leadership in the development of vital communities by advocating excellence in community planning, promoting education and citizen empowerment, and providing the tools and support necessary to meet the challenges of growth and change.
- California Chapter of the American Planning Association - "APA California is a network of practicing planners, citizens and elected officials committed to urban, suburban, regional and rural planning in the state of California."
- California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA) - "The California Environmental Protection Agency is charged with developing, implementing and enforcing the state's environmental protection laws that ensure clean air, clean water, clean soil, safe pesticides and waste recycling and reduction. Our departments are at the forefront of environmental science, using cutting-edge research to shape the state's environmental laws."
- California Department of Fish and Game (DFG) - "The Department of Fish and Game maintains native fish, wildlife, plant species and natural communities for their intrinsic and ecological value and their benefits to people. This includes habitat protection and maintenance in a sufficient amount and quality to ensure the survival of all species and natural communities. The department is also responsible for the diversified use of fish and wildlife including recreational, commercial, scientific and educational uses." The CEQA filing fees from the DFG are located here.
- California Natural Resources Agency - California Environmental Resources Evaluation System (CERES) - "The goal of CERES is to improve environmental analysis and planning by integrating natural and cultural resource information from multiple contributors and by making it available and useful to a wide variety of users."
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) – “LEED is an internationally recognized green-building certification developed by the US Green Building Council.”
- Southern California Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) - "AQMD is the air pollution control agency for all of Orange County and the urban portions of Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties, the smoggiest region of the U.S. We are committed to protecting the health of residents, while remaining sensitive to businesses."
Property Data/Property Taxes
- LA County Assessor’s Office – This website allows you to obtain: parcel maps; parcel numbers; information on the legal number of units, bedrooms and bathrooms at a residential property; and, property assessment/tax information.
Local and Regional Development
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) - The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) manages the state highway system, provides inter-city rail services, and is actively involved with public transportation systems throughout the state.
- Metrolink - Metrolink is a regional rail system, including commuter and other passenger services, linking communities to employment and activity centers. Metrolink provides the people of Southern California a safe, reliable and environmentally friendly commute option.
- Census 1990 Census 1990 information, data, tables, maps, etc.
- Census 2000 Census 2000 information, data, tables, maps, etc.
- Census 2010 Information about the 2010 Census.