Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.

Public Works

What do I need to perform work/ encroach on the public right of way?

An Encroachment/ Excavation Permit Application must be filled out and turned in to the Public Works Department for review. Once it has been reviewed and approved a permit will be issued. Each submittal is reviewed on a case by case basis. The minimum requirements to obtain a permit can be found by clicking here.

Why was my trash not collected on its scheduled day?

The trash is collected every day (as per published schedule), except on six holidays: New Year's, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. On these days, trash collection is delayed by one day. To find out when your trash is scheduled for pick up, click on the link provided below.

Who do I call if my trash was not picked up on its scheduled day?

NASA Services, Inc. is responsible for picking up all solid waste and other recyclables in the City of Pico Rivera. Please call their Customer Service Department. You may also call them if you have any questions regarding renting dumpsters, special pick-ups or pick up of large items, recycling and general solid waste questions. 

NASA Services Inc.: Customer Service Department (888) 888-0388

Who do I call if the street sweeper did not sweep my street on its scheduled day?

Please contact our Field Operations Division for any questions or issues related to public street sweeping by calling (562) 801-4415

Who do I call if there is a dead animal on my property?

Please call the South East Area Animal Control Authority (SEAACA) at (562) 803-3301.  They will assist you with removal of dead or injured animals located on private property.

Can I trim or remove a tree on my front yard property?

The City's Public Works Department takes care of maintaining trees planted at public rights-of-way only. If the tree is located in this area, please call Public Works to report your problem, or fill out an online Service Request Form provided below. The department will endeavor to take care of your concerns as soon as possible. Please be ready to provide your name, address and contact telephone number and the nature of your problem.

Who is responsible for the maintenance of the alley behind my home?

The City maintains all alleys utilized for refuse collection and/or sewer line maintenance. Private alleyways, however, are the responsibility of the homeowner/s.

How do I report a street light outage?

Before reporting the outage, please do the following:

  1. Write down the address nearest to the pole
  2. Check the pole number (this should be posted on the pole at about head height). Write down the number so you will have it handy when you make the phone call
  3. Note if the light is out completely or turns on and off.  Also, note if there is any damage to the pole

With all this information in hand, please call Southern California Edison. You may also report the outage by logging on to the Southern California Edison website.

  • Southern California Edison (800) 611-1911
  • Southern California Edison (Report Outages) /

Where do I report an abandoned shopping cart?

Each business is responsible for retrieving their shopping carts.  If a business name is visible on the shopping cart, the business can be contacted to request pick up of the cart.

If no business name is visible, you may contact the Public Works Department at (562) 801-4415 to request pick up of the shopping cart or submit an online Service Request.