Crime & Safety
Law enforcement services in Pico Rivera are provided by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. The Pico Rivera station is located in southeastern Los Angeles County and serves over 63,000 residents in a 9-mile patrol area.
Both the City and the County consider themselves partners in providing this service. With the station adjacent to City Hall, the community enjoys a sense of safety and well-being that comes from having its own local police force while benefiting from the cost savings and efficiencies that a County contract offers.
Several of the crime prevention and community programs supported by the City and the Pico Rivera Station include:
- Citizen Academy/Ride-A-Long Program
- Crime Stoppers Program
- Family Abuse Intervention Resources
- Gang Crime Suppression Program (GSCP)
- Helicopter Patrol
- Operation Safe Streets
- PRIDE Program (Pico Rivera Individual Development & Ethics – Youth Intervention Program)
- Problem Specific Policing (PSP) Team
- School Resource Deputy
- Traffic Safety Program
- Volunteer programs (Sheriff’s Reserve Program)
For more information, please visit the Pico Rivera Station website at PicoRivera.LASD.org or contact (562) 949-2421 (non-emergency calls).
If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1.