Sister City Commission
The purpose and function of the Sister City Commission is to serve as an advisory commission to the City Council on all matters relating to the fostering of a greater global understanding of other cultures and international friendship for and by the citizens of Pico Rivera. This commission shall hold at least one regular meeting per month. The commission shall at all times be under the administrative supervision of the City Manager’s office.
As an advisory agency the Sister City Commission shall have the following duties and
- To promote a greater global understanding of other cultures and an international perspective for the citizens of Pico Rivera;
- To promote the goals of international understanding and friendship by the establishment and maintenance of programs of cultural exchange;
- To establish exchange programs through local residents, businesses, schools, churches, and similar entities and institutions consisting of projects, exhibits, contacts, and exchanges of all types to promote the goals of the commission
- To conduct public meetings where the community has the opportunity to provide input regarding issues under the prevue of the commission
- Keep the community informed concerning the Sister City Program
- To keep the City Council advised on matters pertaining to the Sister City Commission
- Interpret the policies and function of Sister City objectives to the public and interpret the needs of the community to the City Council
- Recommend and/or request the City Council’s approval for the Commission to study, review, or investigation specific matters and make recommendations to City Council based on the outcome of their review
- Such other advisory duties as may be assigned to it by the City Council.
Sister City Partners:
- City of San Luis Potosi, Mexico
- City of Mazatlán, Sinaloa, Mexico
- City of Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, Jalisco, Mexico
Current Commission Members:
- Commissioner, Aldo Macias Arellano
- Commissioner, Fernando Lopez
- Commissioner, Bob Perez
- Commissioner, Ana Rosa Ascencio
- Commissioner, Irma Acosta Tirado
Minutes & Agenda Center
Sister City Commission – January 31, 2024 at 6 P.M.