Major Corridor & Rosemead Median Concepts
- On March 1, 2022, the City received notification that it was successfully awarded a grant under the Clean California Local Grant Program (CCLGP).
- The City will be receiving a total of $8.13 million in grant funding from the California Department of Transportation to beautify and improve medians and parkways along Rosemead Boulevard and major corridors (Slauson Avenue, Washington Boulevard, Whittier Boulevard and Paramount Boulevard).
- The improvements will reduce urban heat island effect, prevent debris from building up, provide cultural connections and placemaking to the community by installing drought tolerant plants and trees, irrigation system, hardscape, anti-litter signs, artistic elements, historical markers, trash containers, benches, and wayfinding signage.
- In addition to the physical improvements, the City will launch a “Keep your streets Clean” campaign, including a community cleanup event day.
- The project is currently under design with the assistance of MIG Landscape Architecture. It is anticipated to complete the design phase by Spring 2023 to start construction in summer 2023.