- The City was awarded a $1 million grant by LA County for the acquisition of the property located at the southwest corner of Passons Blvd and Jackson St.
- The City plans for the PAD Park will transform the currently underutilized and blighted bus depot on Passons into a colorful and vibrant neighborhood park. The designs for the PAD Park features 14 new canopy trees and drought resistant native landscaping, a grassy knoll and performance amphitheater, decorative fencing, creative solar panel shade structures, community based artwork, children’s play areas, free Wi-Fi hotspot and architecturally designed shipping containers to be used as flexible community space.
- The property is a former Montebello Bus Lines and Metro terminal owned by the City of Montebello.
- City staff is working closely with Montebello to acquire the property by late 2022/early 2023.
- On July 20, the US House of Representatives passed H.R. 8294, a package of six government funding bills that will lower costs for families and create good-paying jobs.
- Congresswoman Sánchez announced that she has successfully advanced funding for 11 community projects in the 38th District, including $1.05M for the PAD Park.
The PAD Park
var _ctct_m = "845da481053cc433b5209decaf90ef7c";