Residential Solar Permit Online Pilot Program
Solar Panel Permits with SolarAPP+
Residential homeowners and solar panel installation contractors in Pico Rivera are now able to apply for permits online with the help of SolarAPP+, a web-based portal for residential solar energy system installations, developed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory to automate project plan reviews, receive automated permit, pay fees online, and schedule inspections.
- Submit solar project for automated review through SolarAPP+.
- Register or sign in to SolarAPP+ at nrel.gov.
- Submit design/plans.
- Pay $25 administrative fee (per project).
- Download SolarAPP+ Approval Document.
- Submit Residential Solar Permit application to the Pico Rivera.
- Go to the Pico Rivera Online Permit page.
- Click on the Apply button to get to the Residential Solar Permit
- Please make sure to register and login to complete the online application.
- You must have the following information to apply for the Residential Solar Permit SolarApp+ approval number.
- SolarAPP+ Approval Document with inspection checklist.
- Solar contractor and contractor license number.
3. Pay online, and a permit will be issued.
- Schedule the inspection online.
- Login to your City of Pico Rivera account, find the permit number and perform action to Request Inspection.
- Requests for inspection should be made at least twenty-four hours in advance, and the specific date and time requested is not guaranteed. You will be notified once your inspection is scheduled by the City.
- Log in and submit for a revision through SolarAPP+ and you will be provided with a downloadable revised SolarAPP+ Approval Document.
- Upload revised SolarApp+ Approval document.
- Login to the Pico Rivera website and find the permit number associated with your SolarAPP+ permit.
- Perform action to Upload Revision and upload the revised SolarApp+ Approval Document.
Watch an introduction and new user walk-through of the SolarAPP+ here:
- What is SolarAPP+?
- How do I make changes to approved SolarAPP+ plans?
- How do I submit a project through SolarAPP+?
- Where is SolarAPP+ available?
- What projects qualify to be submitted in SolarAPP+?
- How much does SolarAPP+ cost an installer to use?
- Contractors Guide: Release notes
- What types of systems are not eligible for SolarAPP+ review?
- Is there a limit on system size SolarAPP+ can review?
- How do I register with SolarAPP+?
- Being prepared for Solarapp+ inspection.