Local Veterans or their families looking to request Military Service Records are able to do so by visiting the National Archives website. Most veterans and their next of kin can obtain free copies of DD Form 214 (Report of Separation), Official Military Personnel Files, Replacement Medals, and Medical & Health Records. Also, requests such as Burial and Emergency Requests, and Natural Disaster Requests can be submitted on this site.

To start the online submission process, check on the status of a request, and for more information, visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records

For more information and resources including an appointment with the Veterans Resource Officer, visit the City’s Veterans Resource Center at the Pico Rivera Senior Center, or call 562.948.4844.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window