Aid and Attendance Benefits

Veterans and Survivors who are eligible for a VA pension and require the aid and attendance of another person, or are housebound, may be eligible for additional monetary compensation, in addition to their monthly pension.

VA Aid and Attendance Eligibility

You may be eligible for this benefit if you get a VA pension and you meet at least one of these requirements:

» You need another person to help you perform daily activities, like bathing, feeding, and dressing, or

» You have to stay in bed—or spend a large portion of the day in bed—because of illness, or

» You are a patient in a nursing home due to the loss of mental or physical abilities related to a disability, or

» Your eyesight is limited (even with glasses or contact lenses you have only 5/200 or less in both eyes; or concentric contraction of the visual field to 5 degrees or less)

Housebound Benefits Elegibility

You may be eligible for this benefit if you get a VA pension and you spend most of your time in your home because of a permanent disability (a disability that doesn’t go away).

To apply for VA-Aid and Attendance, fill out form 21-2680 (Examination for Housebound Status or Permanent Need for Regular Aid and Attendance) and mail it to:

Department of Veterans Affairs Pension Intake Center
PO Box 5365
Janesville, WI 53547-5365

Your current doctor can fill out the examination portion of the application, and only one benefit (either VA Aid and Attendance or Housebound Benefit) can be claimed.

For more information, visit
or make an appointment with the City’s Veterans Resource Officer at the Pico Rivera Senior Center by calling 562.948.4844.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window