Risk Management processes ensure the City of Pico Rivera property and facilities and require proof of insurance from groups, contractors, consultants, and vendors doing business with the City, such as for:

  • Special Events: short-term liability coverage for special events such as parades, festivals, and block parties using City of Pico Rivera facilities or property.
  • Small Contractor: liability coverage for property damage and bodily injury caused by contractors who provide materials or services to the City of Pico Rivera, such as vendors, contractors, service providers, artisan, and trade activities.
  • Professional Liability/Errors & Omissions: liability coverage for inaccuracies or failure to meet contract requirements caused by consultants such as trainers, interpreters, and recreational instructors.

For more information, contact Narek Katabyan, Risk Management Senior Analyst, by Email:, Office: (562) 801-4396, Fax: (562) 801-4055

Certificates of Insurance

Certificates of insurance provided by the City: evidence of insurance required when the City of Pico Rivera is using the facilities, property, or equipment of other companies, agencies or individuals.

Certificates of insurance provided to the City: Professional Liability and/or General Liability insurance required from those conducting business with the City of Pico Rivera. The City requires an Additional Insured Endorsement with General Liability and auto insurance


The City Clerk receives personal injury, property or vehicle damage claims filed against the City of Pico Rivera. The terms or acceptance of claim forms by the City is not an admission of fault or liability on the part of the City or any officer, agent, or employee thereof.

Click Here for Claim Damages

Workers’ Compensation

Human Resources & Risk Management’s Workers’ Compensation Claims Unit processes claims from City of Pico Rivera employees who have been injured on the job. Employees must report injuries to their supervisors immediately, and may wish to inform the Workers’ Compensation Claims Unit at (562) 801-4396.  Individuals who are not City of Pico Rivera employees but have been injured on the job may contact the State Information and Assistance Officer at (714) 558-4597 or (800) 736-7401 to receive information on workers’ compensation.

If you would like more information on workers’ compensation benefits, please visit the State of California Department website at

Employee Safety and Loss Control

Human Resources & Risk Management prevents losses to the City of Pico Rivera such as employee injury, injury to the public, and equipment and property loss. Prevention programs include employee safety training, hazard identification, risk control, and health monitoring programs. Individuals are encouraged to report conditions that are possibly dangerous such as potholesdowned power lines, and inoperable traffic lights, to the City of Pico Rivera Public Works Department at (562) 891-4460 or by submitting a service request here.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window