Voter Registration Information
How to Register
- BY MAIL – You may register to vote by completing a registration by mail form, which can be found at your local post office or stopping by City Hall.
- IN PERSON – You may also register to vote at your local DMV office or you can visit the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder-County Clerk’s Office in Norwalk, located at 12400 Imperial Highway, Norwalk, California 90651
- ONLINE – Visit http://registertovote.ca.gov/ to register online or print a registration form.
Voter Registration Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be a California Resident
- Must not be in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older on Election Day
- Not found by a court to be mentally incompetent
You must re-register to vote if you have changed your residence or mailing address; have changed your name; or you wish to change your political party affiliation.
Voter Registration Deadlines:
March 2024 Presidential Primary Elections
Dates to Remember:
February 5, 2024 – Vote By Mail Ballots mailed by the County Registrar-Recorders Office
February 20, 2024 – Last Day to register or transfer to vote in the Presidential Primary elections
If you would like more information about voting, please contact the Registrar of Voters at (800) 815-2666 or visit the County Clerk’s website at https://www.lavote.net/