The Public Safety Division is responsible for parking enforcement, Inoperable Vehicle Program, graffiti restitution, residential parking permits, and administering the sweeper contract:
- Parking Enforcement – The City is responsible for enforcing the Pico Rivera Municipal Code and California Vehicle Code. Parking Enforcement Officers issue approximately 2,200 citations per month, generating approximately $1,300,000 in revenue per year. This revenue is funneled back into the City’s general fund and used to fund other services, such as recreation programs and street repairs.
- Inoperable Vehicle Program – Parking Enforcement is responsible for administering the Inoperable Vehicle Program. Removal of these vehicles from residential properties insures the city maintains a clean and safe environment for its residents.
- Residential Parking Permits – Public Safety oversees the creation and enforcement of residential permit parking areas.
Permits may be obtained from the City’s Public Safety office located at 6615 Passons Blvd., Pico Rivera during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Please note that City offices are closed on Fridays, weekends, and major holidays. You will need to present a valid driver’s license and the current vehicle registration on the qualifying vehicle. The address on your driver’s license and vehicle registration must indicate the qualifying address.
A Parking Permit will be issued upon meeting all the requirements and payment of a fee in the amount of $37.08. If you are receiving Social Security or you are permanently disabled, you may be eligible for a fee waiver. Valid documents will be required for consideration.
Vehicles parked in the affected areas not displaying a current Parking Permit during restricted hours will be issued a citation.
The Public Safety Office is located in City Hall at 6615 Passons Blvd., and can be reached at
For All Registration, equipment, or disabled placards violation corrections please visit the Parking Enforcement office located at 6615 Passons Blvd. Pico Rivera, CA 90660. Monday – Thursday 7:30am to 5pm. For more information, please contact the Parking Enforcement Office at 562-801-4413.
License plates and/or registration tabs: Bring the citation, current registration, and the vehicle to the Parking Enforcement office. Upon verification of proof of correction(s) presented, the fine for each violation corrected will be reduced to $10.00 as per CVC 40225(c).
Disabled placard: Bring original placard, placard I.D., and the placard owner’s driver license or other government issued photo I.D. Upon verification of required documents, fine will be reduced to an administrative fee of $25.00 as per CVC 40226.
Violations eligible for a fine reduction MUST be corrected and paid within 21 days of the citation date or 14 days of the late notice. Failure to comply will result in penalty fees and/or DMV registration hold.
To protest a citation (except registration, equipment, or disabled placard violations):
- Mail – Please be sure your protest letter is mailed and postmarked within 21 calendar days of the citation date or within 14 days of the late notice. Protest postmarked beyond these dates will not be accepted and will result in the loss of your appeal rights. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT with your protest. You will not be held liable for the payment until a decision is determined regarding your protest.
ALL CORRESPONDENCE MUST BE MAILED TO:
City of Pico Rivera
P.O. BOX 2081
TUSTIN, CA 92781-2081
2. Online – by visiting http://www.pticket.com/picorivera
Allow 4-6 weeks to receive a decision regarding your protest. Please include your current mailing address on all correspondence. If your portest is “Upheld”, you will have 21 days from the notice date to continue the protest procedure or pay the fine amount due. Follow directions included within the notice you received.
Failure to pay within the time allotted can result in penalty fees and/or DMV registration hold.
Street Sweeping Citations are currently in full effect. For questions, please call 562.801.4413
Inclement weather does NOT automatically cancel street sweeping for the day. Please adhere to your street’s parking sign to avoid receiving a Street Sweeping Citation. For cancellation inquiries relating to inclement weather, please call 562.801.4413.
Barrido Residencial de Calles
Las citaciones de estacionamiento están actualmente en plena vigencia. Si tiene preguntas, llame al 562.801.4413
Las inclemencias del tiempo NO cancelan automáticamente el barrido de calles durante el día. Por favor adhiérase a la señal de estacionamiento de su calle para evitar recibir una Citación por Barrido de Calle. Para consultas de cancelación relacionadas con las inclemencias del tiempo, llame al 562.801.4413.