Building & Safety
The Building Division is responsible for promoting safety through enforcement of ordinances and laws regulating construction and occupancy of all commercial, industrial and residential structures within the community.
To facilitate the plan check process, the Building Division has developed a concurrent plan check review program to expedite the plan check review process and is continuously dedicated to implementing a customer-oriented approach to ensure that all plans, permits and inspections are processed in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
To assist you with the preparation of construction plans, the following ordinances and State mandated regulations must be complied with to ensure that your proposed project conforms to the latest construction requirements:
- Pico Rivera Municipal Code Title 15
- California Residential Code 2022 Edition
- California Building Code 2022 Edition, Volumes 1 & 2
- California Mechanical Code 2022 Edition
- California Plumbing Code 2022 Edition
- California Electrical Code 2022 Edition
- California Los Angeles County Fire Code (Title 32 of the Los Angeles County Code)
- Current California Regulations, including State Building Code Title 24
- Disabled Access Code
- Title 24 California Energy Code 2022 Edition
- California Green Building Standards 2022 Edition
Several of these Codes can be found on-line through the California Building Standards Commission.
General guidelines governing commercial, industrial, and residential construction are available through the Building Division. In addition, plan check and permit application forms may be downloaded from this site and completed within the comfort of your home or office and submitted with corresponding fees required for your scope of work. Fees required for your project are provided by the Building Division upon submission of your application.
Certificate of Occupancy
For additional information regarding the Building Division plan check process, inspections or construction requirements, please contact the Building Division or send an email. Counter Services Representative are also available to assist you in person at the public counter during City Hall business hours.
6615 Passons Boulevard
Pico Rivera, CA 90660